So all this talk about grad school has gotten me to think...is this what i really want to do? Is this what the plan of my life is? There are so many things to decide. so many things that will change my life for the better...or for the worse? I have no idea what i want...no idea what I need...no idea what could happen. I just wish something would make sense for a change. I all makes sense but that cant be. It all cant happen at once. I cant do it all. Let me explain myself. I have this chance to teach art. My mom knows a VP that just had his art teacher quit. All I have been doing this past four years is to prepare for grad school, to be an art therapist. I felt good about it but lately I have been thinking, like I said, and I am not sure that is what i want. I don't want to be in school for the next few years. I'm not quit sure I could do. I'm not sure I could handle being a therapist. I love art. I love helping people. I thought art therapy was what i wanted. but maybe I was wrong. Maybe I have anther plan. I can still help people through art being a teacher. Teachers effect students everyday. The big thing is I would have to sign a two year contract and this job is in Saipan. Its an island by Guam. I thought the east coast would be an adventure. Boy an island about as big as rexburg in the middle of the pacific now that is an adventure!
I'll keep you posted but for now that is what I am preparing to do after i graduate. Really all I want to be is a mother so teaching is a better thing for a mother then therapying is. Its all so confusing but Ill figure it out. That's what life is about making decisions from all these great options. weighing which you will learn the most from, figuring out what the BEST choice is from all the good ones. I can do it. I will do it! :)
1 comment:
Allisam, you are such a bright and talented girl, I know whatever you choose will be great! As far as being a mother, I think experience as a therapist or a teacher is win win really!
Post a Comment